Flashback to circa 2006: before your Facebook feed was drowning in advertisements, before you were a data tool – you were a person on a social network for the sole purpose of maintaining relationships.
Flash forward to 2014: we’ve been presented with Ello – a free and ad-free social networking platform – that truly reflects the initial purpose of connecting online. Here are our top five reasons to say, “Hello!” to Ello.
- Ello is clean, simple and uncluttered.
- Your personal information remains personal.
- Ello is invitation-only, as it’s still in Beta mode.
- Say goodbye to the hashtag; this feature is not part of Ello.
- The Ello manifesto is pretty much the greatest thing we’ve seen in a long time.
Weigh in! How do you feel about Ello? Will it hold its own against established social platforms?
Van West Media is a full service design, support, and consulting agency, offering comprehensive Internet marketing solutions for small to mid-size businesses.