Why You Should Participate in Affiliate Marketing
August 08, 2013
Many wonder if affiliate marketing really works and the truth is, it does. It really does. Why, you ask? It’s because of the low risk involved and the success of the payoff. What sounds better than low risk and higher gains!
Here are the reasons why it’s worth it:
– No need to buy or hold any stocks
– You don’t have to deal with customers or sales
– No dealing with dispatchers or refunds
– Mobile affiliate marketing
Not only are there many low risk options for you, but there are also many different creative strategies for you to choose from in affiliate marketing as well.
1. Ad Banners are the most predominant type of affiliate marketing. Affiliate managers make sure you have a set of several ad banners to emphasize various aspects of your company. These can include seasonal promotions or special product categories. They will place certain ads at specific times to give you the best circumstances. For example, placing engagement rings during wedding season or attractive gifts during Christmas time.
2. Widgets are for interaction with your customers. If your customer is on a website for food, there can be a search widget on the side that allows customers to type in a certain kind of food and lead them to all of the recipes that include that ingredient.Widgets are also used to share information with others through social media, making people interact through the web and with each other. This advertising can spread more easily due to the social interaction aspect of it.
3. Blogs often have a sidebar that shows “related posts” that can peak the interest of your audience by catering to their individual likes. This is very smart because you don’t want to just advertise to everyone as a whole if you know they aren’t interested in your product. The click-through rate for that is very low. If you seek the people you are sure will be interested in your business, the rate of positive response will grow in the long run.
Affiliate marketing isn’t something you should just bypass. It is a great method to get ahead in the game, especially if you are a startup and don’t have a lot of support. By combining forces with a more established company, you will more likely flourish as a company without the risk of losing it all.