Tips for Crafting Sexy, Effective Landing Pages
February 14, 2016
With it being Valentine’s Day, we’re all naturally thinking of how to create a sexy, effective landing page. As marketers, we know how vital these landing pages are to successful online marketing. The section of your website that is accessed by clicking a hyperlink on another web page should have as perfect of a layout as you can get it for your specific brand.
SEO landing pages especially, are meant for two specific things: to persuade users to take a desired action and to drive organic traffic. Landing pages are wanted to not just get clicks but to successfully generate conversions. The following are some tips to help get the most effective landing pages for your brand:
Have the most creative copy for persuasive landing pages
Your landing page is where you get to tell the story of what your brand is all about. The story you tell has to be enticing and unique. Before getting started, it is helpful to break down the different aspects of the features that your product(s) or service’s encompass. Think about the way that this will impact your customers in terms of results, opportunities, problems solved and emotional benefits. Once you have the exact ideas of what you can provide your customers to it is a lot easier to get started on writing the unique elements to highlight in your landing page. The end result should be hyper-targeted copy that is mindful of your end goal with what you want users to see, feel, and do when clicking.
Keep your design clean and organized
The actual structure of your landing page plays a direct role in the effectiveness of how well your landing page lands conversions. The main goal of a landing page should be to make it easy for users to convert so the look and feel of the page should only help with this process. Whether that is filling out a form, making a purchase, signing up for a newsletter, etc, the elements of the overall structure should work well together. This includes things such as appealing and impactful images, colors, fonts, placements, and sizing that can all be altered and tested to see which combinations are most effective with your specific target audience and goal.
Use a specific structure for solutions-oriented SEO landing pages
The foundation for a solutions-oriented landing page includes the following five components:
- The headline – The attention grabbing line, this is where some sort of implication or promise is made to the audience.
- The set-up – This introductory copy is where you engage the audience by trying to build trust and define the topic while also basically explaining the benefits for the intended audience.
- The problem – Here, a user’s problem or question is addressed. You can use subheadings to break up the copy into easy to read chunks that further show the user’s why they landed (or clicked) on your page.
- The solution – This component offers a solution to the user’s problem or question, which is your product or service. Mention your unique value recommendation, and what makes you special or set your apart from other sites with similar products or services.
- The Call to Action – Often referred to as the CTA, One of the most important aspects of your landing page is the call to action where you prompt a user to take a desired action.
The most important thing to remember about landing pages is that they are ever changing and can always be altered. The trick is to keep testing them. By constantly testing the structure, copy, offers, and other methods used, you can keep getting a better picture of what is working best in effectively converting users.
Ready to get started? Contact the Van West Media team today!